Come and stay at our newly renovated rustic two-story farmhouse, located just up the road from our main homestead! Originally built in the 1830s, it has three bedrooms and two baths and easily sleeps 6. The Farmhouse overlooks our farm fields, neighboring horse pastures, woods, and distant foothills. Relax by one of the two wood-burning fireplaces on chilly evenings. Sit outside on upper or lower decks overlooking the farm, or play checkers on the front porch.
The farmhouse features:
- Living room with fireplace.
- Spacious eat-in kitchen.
- Modern amenities, including central heat and AC, WiFi, cable TV, and DVD.
- Three bedrooms: One with queen bed, one with full-sized bed and fireplace, one with twin beds.
- Two full bathrooms, washer-dryer.
- Upstairs family room with reading alcove and view of our fields and the woods below.
- Original wood from the house was recycled and used for interior details.
- Dog friendly. Woof.
Instruction in homesteading skills can be arranged for an additional fee:
- Seasonal Vegetable Growing
- Sourdough Bread Making
- Cheese Making
- Cooking in Tune with the Seasons
- Managing a Diverse Crop and Livestock Farm
While staying at the Farmhouse, you are welcome to join in daily chores: feeding the animals in the morning; harvesting or tending vegetables and/or berries in season; or whatever else is on the schedule for the day.
Farmhouse Rates (per person, 2017) -
Number of Guests
|3 - 4
|5 - 6
An additional fee of $120 per stay covers cleaning costs. Applicable taxes are also additional.
Please do not smoke in the Farmhouse.
- An advance deposit equaling one night's stay is required to hold your reservation.
- Peak season weekends may require a 2-night minimum stay
If cancellation occurs more than two weeks prior to your arrival date, a full deposit less $15 cancellation fee will be refunded. If cancellation occurs within two weeks of your arrival date, a fully transferable gift certificate will be issued in the amount of the deposit, minus $15 cancellation fee.
Breakfast is not included, however you can buy breakfast 'fixins' from us. Most come from our farm, and others are supplied by the best local sources we have available. We invite you to check with us for availability while planning your meals. You've probably never experienced vegetables that taste this good.
Here are some other views of our Farmhouse: